Grant Funded Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds in Northfield
Do you have a 2 year old?
Are you entitled to Grant funded nursery education for your child?
You may be eligible for Grant Funded Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds at our Northfield, Birmingham nursery through a Grant Funded childcare place for your two year old if you receive any one of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit provided your annual household income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Your child is looked after by the local authority (under section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989)
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- If the child has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan
- The child qualifies for Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
In Birmingham, there is a further criterion (only agreed until the end of March 2015) which is aimed at supporting children with additional needs, such as those with special educational needs, Family CAF or subject to a child protection plan. You will need to provide evidence to confirm eligibility.
When will my child be entitled to a many grant funded nursery education for 2 Year olds place?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their second birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April (Summer term), as applicable
- For children born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September (Autumn term), as applicable
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January (Spring term), as applicable
- Your application can only be considered 3 months prior to your child’s entitlement date.
How many grant funded nursery education for 2 Year olds hours can I have?
Your free childcare grant funded entitlement is for 570 hours per year. The maximum number of hours is for 15 hours a week for 38 weeks per year during term time. Our nursery can also offer you fewer than 15 hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
If you can answer yes to any of the above come in and see us, visits are welcomed at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when you would need to book an appointment. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call our Manager Janette or her Deputy Kerrie on 0121 475 4788.
We work with Birmingham City Council to obtain your funding and their Privacy Notice informs how they use your data.