We’re one of the Midland’s leading independent providers of high-quality childcare for children between the ages of 6 weeks and 12 years. We are committed to outstanding childcare that puts children at the heart of everything we do. If that’s piqued your interest then read on and see our nursery jobs and also other opportunities.
- Creative, fun and also friendly environment for our children
- Learning through play facilitated by our staff
- A safe environment that promotes independence
- A culture that celebrates a child’s individuality
Our values and beliefs include being friendly, caring and also respectful. We value our staff teams and see them as integral to success as much as the happiness of our charges.
At Bright Kids we believe that a good team makes all the difference. We provide opportunities for training and also development to ensure that all of our team members fulfil their potential.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and also promoting the welfare of children and young people. We follow Safer Recruitment Procedures and also undertake DBS checks (previously called CRB checks) on all successful candidates.
If you are interested in working for Bright Kids please email us and tell us why you would like to be part of our team; detailing your relevant experience and also attaching your CV.
To apply for any of our Current Job Vacancies below please contact our Head Office for a Job Application Form and also you can download one here.
Current Nursery Jobs
These are the current jobs available across the Bright Kids Group covering Northfield Birmingham, Studley and Coughton Warwickshire and also Crabbs Cross, Redditch and Evesham in Worcestershire
Call or email Charmaine or Emma to get an Application Form posted to you
Tel: 01527 452430
Bright Kids Studley
Position: Group Office Administrator
MBK Group, incorporating Bright Kids, MBK Training & MBK Consultants has established itself as a quality provider of Early Years services. This includes children’s day care, early years training and business consultancy. As part of our overall growth plan we now require a Group Office Administrator to work across all companies to ensure their ability to run smoothly and efficiently. You will be expected to contribute towards us providing a high quality service to all customers and as such we will expect the highest standards of professionalism, attention to detail and customer service.
Responsible to: Chief Executive & Head of Operations
Line Manager: Head of Operations
To ensure the provision of a professional, efficient and effective administrative & accounts function to ensure the needs of the businesses are met at all times.
MBK Group is a growing group of companies with a Head Office support team. As a member of the Head Office team you will be managing administrative functions and administrative elements of the HR and Finance functions within the Group. You will also be required to lead and support other Head Office personnel, interchanging some skills and roles from time to time.
Key Responsibilities & accountabilities
1. To undertake various administrative and communication tasks on behalf of the Group including website & social media functions
2. To offer administrative & communications support to the Chief Executive & Head of Operations
3. To oversee and provide administrative support & guidance to other personnel at all levels within the Group including in the areas of accounts, sales & marketing.
4. To be effective in Customer Service as one of the first points of contact for phone calls and email for MBK Group
5. Use initiative to complete & prioritise tasks
6. To use computerised systems to help facilitate the day-to day running of the Group and Head Office, maintaining databases as required and being competent with basic functions of all Microsoft Office software packages (Word, Excel & Access the priorities). Have a willingness to learn other software as required and identify and propose improvements when identified.
7. To ensure Corporate Image in consistently represented.
8. To maintain relevant records and paperwork as required
9. To maintain appropriate systems for supporting the HR functions, establishing new systems when necessary
10. To provide administrative & HR support to the Group including but not limited to handling aspects of recruitment such as advertisements, enquiries, offer letters, references & DBS checks and contracts, induction packs
11. To liaise with Managers on Probationary and Performance Review monitoring.
12. To maintain awareness of current HR practice and Employment Law and provide suitable support on implementation for the Senior Executives
13. To have an understanding of the requirements of the Group and be able to negotiate and interpret requirements when required.
14. To be consistent and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
15. To abide by the policies of all companies and put them into practice
16. To participate in in-house training and take advantage of training courses that become available
17. To pass any relevant information to the Head of Operations or Chief Executive as appropriate.
18. To attend and contribute to Head Office staff meetings and attend other meetings as required, outside of usual working hours if necessary.
19. Maintain stock levels of stationary and other business items and arrange postage as necessary.
20. Arrange maintenance for all necessary equipment and materials relating to the efficient running of the office
21. Assist with any other ad hoc duties when necessary such as cleaning, emptying bins and organising the office.
22. Work alongside the Head Office Team, to ensure that the philosophy behind the company is fulfilled.
23. To undertake any other duties as required by the Chief Executive or Senior Management Team
Qualities & Experience:
We are looking for a person who is energetic and enthusiastic, able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision. Ongoing in-house training and structured supervision will be given where needed. The ability to be flexible and adaptable is essential, making last minute changes to work routines as required. A sense of humour is always desirable. An awareness of Employment Law and EYFS Welfare requirements would be useful but not essential.
Salary and Conditions:
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience (negotiable from £19,000 pa)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week between 8 and 5 pm each day. These hours will need to be worked flexibly with other office personnel, ensuring these core opening hours are always covered.
Holidays: 28 days including 8 Statutory Bank Holidays (Pro-rata for part time)
Other benefits: Pension Contribution, Health Cash Plan, Bonuses, Uniform provided, Subsidised Childcare, Expenses
Applications are welcomed irrespective of sex, race, creed, disability or age.
A full police and DBS check will be carried out on the appointed person.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. To be able to work unsupervised and manage own workload
2. To be able to organise prioritise and achieve tasks successfully using own initiative
3. To be a good team worker to support the provision of quality services
4. To be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organisation both orally and in writing, using computers when necessary
5. To have a general knowledge of HR systems and Employment law and to learn more as required
6. To be able to pay attention to detail within administration & accounts, predict and plan ahead taking known factors into consideration
7. To be accurate and methodical in record keeping and administration
8. To have an enthusiastic, motivated and responsible outlook
9. To have an understanding of the business systems, computerised and other required within a company.
10. To work with, and share information with colleagues, internally and externally whilst maintaining confidentiality.
11. To be able to relate to and work with others at all levels, understanding we work in partnership with all our customers
12. To be physically capable to carry out this role
13. To ensure a positive recognition of equality and diversity (for clients, children, parents and colleagues).
14. A commitment to the company’s equality & diversity policy and to understand and implement the policies in relation to the job description.
15. To have good time management skills
16. To have consistent standards of good organisation
17. To be trustworthy in the handling of monies
Qualifications and experience as per the job description.
Working with children between 3 months – 5 years offering play-based learning experiences. You should be able to work as part of a small team to plan and deliver care and education within the EYFS framework which you should have a thorough knowledge of.
Hours: 40 hours per week based between 7:30am-6:00pm on a roating shift basis
Qualifications: Early Years Level 3 or above.
Salary: Subject to experience and qualification
Benefits Include: Health Cash Plan, Bonuses, Uniform, 28 days hols, Flexible Working, Subsidised Childcare. Additional Birthday Holiday after 1 year and further long-service holiday entitlements available.
A full DBS Certificate will be required prior to commencement.
Closing Date: 13th November 2020