Free Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds. Do you qualify for free nursery education for your child?
Am I eligible for Free Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds
You may be eligible for Free Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds at our Studley nursery through a Grant Funded childcare place for your two year old if you receive any one of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit provided your annual household income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The local authority is looking after your child (under section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989)
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- A child has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan
- The child qualifies for Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
When will my child be entitled to a free nursery education for 2 Year olds place?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their second birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April (Summer term), as applicable
- The children born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September (Autumn term), as applicable
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January (Spring term), as applicable
- Your application can only be considered 3 months prior to your child’s entitlement date.
How many free nursery education for 2 Year olds hours can I have?
Your free childcare grant funded entitlement is for 570 hours per year. The maximum number of free nursery education for 2 year olds hours is for 15 hours a week for 38 weeks per year during term time. Our nursery can also offer you fewer than 15 hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
If you can answer yes to any of the above come in and see us. Visits are welcome at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when you would need to book an appointment. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call our Deputy Manager Tina on 01527 852165.
We work with Warwickshire County Council in order to process your funding. To see how they use your personal data they you can read their Education Learning Privacy notice here . It should be read in conjunction with their overall privacy notice and the service privacy notice