Grant Funded Nursery Education for 3 & 4 Year Olds in Northfield
Do you have a 3 or 4 year old?
It is a fact that many children who have experienced childcare will have an easier transition when they move into school. As they have already had opportunities to express themselves and to socialise through a range of creative, physical, emotional and social play opportunities, they will be more confident in interacting with other children and different adults. Grant Funded Nursery Education at our Northfield, Birmingham nursery can help with this.
By accessing a flexible funded nursery place you could:
- Go back to work with affordable childcare
- Get a break from being a mum, dad or carer for a few hours each day
- Increase your work hours and still afford the childcare
- Get help when you’re worried about your child’s progress
- Have trained childcare professionals to talk to
- See your child get used to playing with other children and make friends
- Meet other families (especially if you are new to the area)
When will my child be entitled to a grant funded nursery education for 3 & 4 Year olds place?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their third birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April – Summer Term
- A Child born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September – Autumn Term
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January – Spring Term
How many grant funded nursery education for 3 & 4 Year olds hours can I have?
In Birmingham the free entitlement is for 570 hours per year, over a minimum of 38 weeks of the year (equating to 15 hours a week). This entitlement can also be taken flexibly but there are limits outside which the nursery funding will not be paid. These limits are:
- No session longer than 10 hours in any one day
- Not before 6 am or after 8 pm
- The full 15 hours over no fewer than 2 days
- No more than 2 childcare sites can be used in anyone day
- 570 hours taken over no fewer than 38 weeks
At Bright Kids we offer these funded hours flexibly for both working and non-working parents and include enhanced provision as well for some children. For a full list of our funded sessions click here. If you are interested to find out more come in and see us, visits are welcomed at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when you would need to make an appointment. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call our Manager Janette or her Deputy Kerrie on 0121 475 4788. Or for more information see FAQs, book a visit or download our Registration Form.
We work with Birmingham City Council to obtain your funding and their Privacy Notice informs how they use your data.