Free Nursery Education for 3 & 4 Year Olds in Crabbs Cross, Redditch
Do you have a 3 or 4 year old?
It is a fact that many children who have experienced childcare will have an easier transition when they move into school. As they have already had opportunities to express themselves and to socialise through a range of creative, physical, emotional and social play opportunities, they will be more confident in interacting with other children and different adults. Free Nursery Education for 3 & 4 Year Olds at our Crabbs Cross, Redditch nursery can help with this.
By accessing a flexible funded nursery place you could:
- Go back to work with affordable childcare
- Get a break from being a mum, dad or carer for a few hours each day
- Increase your work hours and still afford the childcare
- Get help when you’re worried about your child’s progress
- Have trained childcare professionals to talk to
- See your child get used to playing with other children and make friends
- Meet other families (especially if you are new to the area)
When will my child be entitled to a free nursery education for 3 & 4 Year olds place?
You may be eligible for free nursery education for 3 & 4 Year Olds if you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their third birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April – Summer Term
- A Child born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September – Autumn Term
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January – Spring Term
How many free nursery education for 3 & 4 Year olds hours can I have?
In Worcestershire the free entitlement is for 570 hours per year, over a minimum of 38 weeks of the year (equating to 15 hours a week). This entitlement can be taken flexibly but there are legal limits outside which the nursery funding will not be paid. These limits are:
- No session longer than 10 hours in any one day
- The full 15 hours over no fewer than 2 days
- No more than 2 childcare sites can be used in any one day
- 570 hours taken over no fewer than 38 weeks
If delivered over 38 weeks this is divided into:
- Spring Term: 11 weeks at 15 hours per week (165 Hours per term)
- The Summer Term: 13 weeks at 15 hours per week (195 hours per term)
- Autumn Term: 14 weeks at 15 hours per week (210 hours per term)
How do I access 30 hours free childcare?
In order to access 30 hours childcare there is certain criteria that you are required to meet. You can find out more about these and how we deliver 30 hours at Bright Kids here.
At Bright Kids we offer these funded hours flexibly for both working and non-working parents and include enhanced provision as well for some children. For a full list of our funded sessions click here. If you are interested to find out more come in and see us, visits are welcomed at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when you would need to make an appointment. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call either of our Managers Anita or Lorraine on 01527 546028.
We work with Worcestershire County Council and their partners in order to deliver your funding. Further information about how Worcestershire County Council will use your/your child’s data can be found within their Privacy Notice
Further information about how Babcock Prime will use your/your child’s data can be found within their Privacy Notice