Funded Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds in Barley Lea, Coventry
Do you have a 2 year old?
Do you qualify for funded nursery education for your child?
You may be eligible for Funded Nursery Education for 2 Year Olds at our Barley Lea, Coventry nursery through a Grant Funded childcare place for your two year old if you receive any one of the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA).
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit provided your annual household income, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Your child is looked after by the local authority (under section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989)
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- If the child has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan
- The child qualifies for Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
When will my child be entitled to a funded nursery education for 2 Year olds place?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your child will be entitled to a place from the start of term following their second birthday, beginning on or following the dates set out below:
- Children born in the period 1st January to 31st March: 1st April (Summer term), as applicable
- A child born in the period 1st April to 31st August: 1st September (Autumn term), as applicable
- Children born in the period 1st September to 31st December: 1st January (Spring term), as applicable
- Your application can only be considered 3 months prior to your child’s entitlement date.
How many funded nursery education for 2 Year olds hours can I have?
Your free childcare grant funded entitlement is for 570 hours per year. The maximum number of hours is for 15 hours a week for 38 weeks per year during term time. Our nursery can also offer you fewer than 15 hours per week but for more weeks of the year.
If you can answer yes to any of the above come in and see us, visits are welcome at any time except during our busy lunchtime period of 12:00 – 2:00pm when you would need to book an appointment. We have waiting lists for many age groups so booking early is always advantageous. To arrange a visit please call us on 02476 449946.
We work with Coventry City Council in order to deliver your funding. Further information about how Coventry City Council will use your/your child’s data can be found within their Privacy Notice.
For more information see FAQs, book a visit or as well as being able to download our Registration Form here.